PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2016, 12:14
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Thank you ValMORNA, just caught the Midlands Today 24th February Edition on iPlayer (just being the operative word as it is due to be pulled in approx. 5 hours!). Arthur Gill fills the "and finally..." slot. As Danny says a remarkable man with a remarkable story (reminds me of someone ;-). I hope that Tyne and Tees will make a similar fuss on your centenary, Danny!

BBC One - Midlands Today, 24/02/2016

Danny, your "it must be the gauge" tale is a salutary one for all aviators and, as has been said already, improves greatly with the telling. I too keenly await the next instalment...

You have a very good point re anonymity on PPRuNe. All here are equal, though on this thread I suggest that some are rightly more equal than the rest of us!

Yes, there is some trolling on other threads, cyber bullying even at times, but on the whole we all share a passion for aviation and the story of how it has evolved over its relatively brief life-time. In other words the thread itself is the important consideration rather than those who might contribute to it (again with certain notable exceptions!). I for one feel more comfortable in that arrangement. It works well, so why fix it?