PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 25th Feb 2016, 06:36
Wisepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm been working here for few years now. I enjoyed and still enjoy this experience but despise and feel stunned by the attitude at times. I think the message to THY management coming from years of posts on this forum is : be fair and honest.

Most of us are here just for the ( not enough) money few others are genuinely willing to try help Turkish become the international global carrier it wants to become. Sometimes I think the one fairing better are the first, at the end . All expats but a few more opportunistically and geographically advantaged B777 skippers are complaining or thinking of leaving.

As said money is not enough, on some fleets you have no life and way excessive flying plus loads of additional operational stress. I see Kirk and Type IV are putting the discussion on the you "don't have balls" tone..and that reflects the environment and the above mentioned attitude beside being against all that modern aviation has come to in recent years.

Even more disturbing is that is coming from expat but evidently they have some undisclosed interest in convincing people to join THY. Just don't assume you are dealing with a mass of idiots cause that might prove detrimental. I strongly hope THY will soon get to the 21st century moreover when it comes to basic rights like the one to be ill. Or, I fear, the dream might suddenly become a mirage.

Probably a full privatization will be the only solution to delink Turkish Airline from Turkish Govt and its influence which I deem negative under many aspects. EU is starting to watch for subsidized carrier unfair competition practices anyway . I hear rumors that national and international politics are starting to negatively affect the perception of the company..and its commercial performance in some important markets. That is inevitable seen the current state of affairs .

Last edited by Wisepilot; 25th Feb 2016 at 19:06.