PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New MDX - Five Dead Williamtown Never Found
Old 25th Feb 2016, 03:01
Lead Balloon

Received 446 Likes on 225 Posts
Comments embedded in square brackets.
Now, add night time to that equation. [So what?] And it wasn't CAVOK. [You don't know that. I thought the accepted facts were that Williamtown was VMC?] And add in that procedural separation required a level change to mitigate the risk of MDX running up the back of AZC. [That was the rule. My point is that the rule isn't based on real-world risks or real-world risk mitigation.] People win the lotto everyday, so whilst the odds are small, they do come up. [Yet bugsmashers on the same track and level OCTA don't collide with each other each night. I wonder why.] I personally had an F100 shaped hood ornament near Mt Isa a few weeks back, and that was during the day, in 8/8ths blue sky. [Which has precisely nothing to do with the risk of collision of one bugsmasher catching up with another known bugsmasher on the same track and level - actually on the same approximate track and approximate level. Again, you're implicitly grossly overstating the actual risk of clearing MDX at the level he was at.