PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fully qualified Avionics Technician however want Part 66 B2 licence, any help?
Old 24th Feb 2016, 22:30
BeerCall88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woptb - thanks for the advice ill put something up on airmech as well.

lowfat - Thanks for your reply this is the kind of info I need.

as for the modular exams I'm aware I'm not exempt from the theory when I was referring to my qualifications that was purely to determine which category I fall in for practical experience, whether i will only need 3 or 5 based on :

-5 years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft if the applicant has no previous relevant technical training.
-3 years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of training considered relevant by the competent authority as a skilled worker, in a technical trade;

Also you mentioned a log book. to clarify are you saying that if I was to work on fast jet/large aircraft in the raf that experiounce would not count to wards the practical maintenance aspect of the licence?

for example if i was posted to work on Hercules for the next 3 years whilst i did the theory side of the licence (modules) that experience would not count?

cheers,

Jay