PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2016, 08:27
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The response to the excellent news from TCX is underwhelming.
Is it because it is Thomas Cook?
If exactly the same announcement had been made with the word Delta or United in it, there would have been raptures across this forum. There is a lot of snobbery in the plane-fan community I fear.

Thomas Cook is a local airline, employing local aircrew and cabin crew. It's fleet is maintained at MAN.
Just on its own
it now has a long-haul programme that is the envy of every other airport in the UK outside of LHR and LGW.

Having now tried the new transatlantic product from TCX I can tell you that the Premium Economy product is way way better than the US Carriers offering equivalently named offerings - for around half the price.
People should check out what's on offer here - there are some remarkably good deals - and significantly cheaper than the other TATL airlines.

The only beef I have with TCX is their website which does need serious attention. Quite often it refuses to take payment and that issue cost them one recent booking I made - now that is an existential issue that needs dealing with fast- but try the flying product. It really is very good.