PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do you fly?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2016, 23:31
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly a Maule out of a reclaimed sand and gravel quarry at Forfar, most weekends when the weather is good I get several fixed wing GA aircraft from around Scotland and a squadron of boiler suited trike jockeys visiting the cafe at the nature reserve next door, and if your lucky some of the local Wayne Handley wannabees show up to give an impromptu aeros display which is always nice whiles scoffing down your Lorne roll . Lots of good flying to be had in the NE of Scotland. apart from the obvious “big” hard surface GA fields like Dundee, Glenrothes and Perth there is a plethora of grass strips of varying degrees of challenge in the long flat valley that runs from Aberdeenshire down the Strathmore valley thru Perthshire all the way to Loch Lomond.

Starting at the top and running South here is a partial list of smaller fields, most require PPR:

Longside
Insch
Hatton
Whiterashes
Auchenblae (ski jump, always interesting)
Laurencekirk
Montrose
Forfar
Kingsmuir
Strathallen
Kinross

And a few others in Fife and Stirlingshire that I have heard about but haven't been to, and of course there is that big long bugger that runs from Arbroath to St Cyrus commonly known as "the beach"

Last edited by piperboy84; 23rd Feb 2016 at 23:51.