PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospects for the budding pilot with responsibilities.
Old 23rd Feb 2016, 07:53
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel for you buddy. Similar situation at 27, doing the same as you in the same manner. I know I definitely want my PPL and the ability to fly in any conditions/circumstance. I don't know how to judge the situation if I'm honest. I somehow rather suspect the best idea is to a)ask an actual airline pilot (if that's your end goal) and b)approach an airline recruitment staff and ask their views?

I dont really understand the whole modular vs integrated debate. From a personal standpoint I see that you will be a far more experienced and accomplished pilot through modular having more hours on different planes. And people are walking out of the integrated route into jobs with airlines with as little as 250 hours total. So there must be some disconnect with peoples opinions and actual reality, as what is the difference between you and I fully qualified and little Johnny Richparents who has a huge debt and sits in the front of an A320 probably having never landed an aircraft In a crosswind? There is none, the jobs must exist like any other sector, and the same requirements must apply across the board, look at the expected growth in air travel and the requirement for pilots must exist. Don't be put off, enjoy the PPL like I am, enjoy the ability to fly and do it well. Then see what happens. I will undoubtedly take a loan for the IR/CPL but it equates to £30k as oppose to £100000, you do the math....