PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Checklist Design
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2016, 20:25
imsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aircraft Checklist Design

Hi,

Im a Psychology Undergraduate and also a Private Pilot. I am currently researching Human Factors in Aviation for my dissertation project due this year.

My supervisor and I are looking into studying Checklist Designs. Specifically, the effects of certain layout of information designs. This is based on research that certain designs may contribute to visual stress and fixation errors, impairing accuracy and speed of reading . This may cause pilots to lose track of their visual position on the checklist and miss out some items. (I have to keep which design, specifically, disclosed for now, but will gladly follow up findings post the research! )

Our study consists of 2 parts. The first part is an online survey. We've laid out 3 examples of commonly used layout designs.

I am looking for PPLs to help take part in this survey.

The task is simply to:

a) Please rank the different design layouts in terms of preference. Starting with most preferred to least preferred. (eg. Checklist C, Checklist A, Checklist B)
b) State which checklist design you are most familiar with. (eg. Checklist A)

I could not attach the picture in this thread https://www.flickr.com/photos/140401...shares-Z1896n/

I am open to suggestions of impressive checklist layouts. Also if you would like to share any mishaps you had with Checklists. Personally, I missed out an item during my first solo. I was doing touch and gos and forgot to put my flaps back up for the next take off!

Thank you! Also just stating that, this has been approved by PPRuNE Towers