PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 22nd Feb 2016, 18:22
THY_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sick report

Recently I was sick in my home country, I went to my Doctor who gave me a confirmation. I scaned it and sent it to THY Managment. Within hours I got the confirmation of being removed from duty. No Problems at all. No salary deduction.

Procedure: if sick you should call first crew dispatch so they can organize the replacement, then you go (if possible) to the airport doctor of THY who checks you and gives you a confirmation of how long you are removed from flight. He gives you also a voucher to get required medication on THY costs. The Doctor informs crewdispatch and enters your sickleave in the system. When you return to work you have to pass the doctor before flight to confirm you are fit to fly. If you got your sick leave report from your home country it should be in english and you have to give the original during return to work check. IF YOU FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE NO SALARY DEDUCTION. If you mess up somewhere: no sick leave report, not reporting sick, whatever you will get salary reduction!