PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet brexit
Thread: Easyjet brexit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2016, 10:59
Captain Boycott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun,

Me personally - none of them. I read a lot. And a lot of varied info at that.

I have to be perfectly honest at this point, admit my understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of going or staying in the eu isnt yet where it should be.

Both arguements seem to have some valuable points. I was very fortunate have a personal insight into a europewide economy from quite a highy qualified economics lecturer at University about 15 years ago, however for me theres much much more to it than just economics, or immigrants, or indeed national pride (this eu decision will have minimal affect on that in any shape or form - we have been in a downwards slide for about 30 years and that is down mainly to ourselves, the eu has both helped and caused us problems - I think that can safely be argued both ways. EU or not we will retain the high level tax avoidance and banking shenanigans and the low level laziness and benefit scrounging and the divided "me" mentality of much of our population. IMHO)

Each to their own, but I havent personally read a newspaper for over 5 years now. There are numerous good sources of varied information out on the tinternet for example that allow you to balance your view and one or two independentish (not the newspaper ) periodicals and suchlike

My post wasnt aimed in a derogatory way, it was simply becuase your previous comment implied that you suspected that the previous poster was simply arguing based on the opinion of an opposing newspaper to your own. Maybe I misread your comment.