PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Travel Change
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2016, 23:45
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
swh has a point.
Yes, swh would have an excellent point if it were black and white. But it's very grey.

I'd suggest swh in his legacy swagger is an unwitting contributor to the race to the bottom. A black and white fanaticism will only miss a bigger picture as some of the ill-informed comments are forever divisive. The DPA has approached the AOA on staff travel issues and I'd suggest a proactive DPA committee would be in contact over other issues now.

Surely, likely near term scenarios are obvious to all? KA involved in training or a rapid expansion of KA over CX regional routes.

The first option will only be a success with outbursts from the likes of swh; otherwise, I can't see the training option working with KA's industrial culture and it will only reduce the mechanics of KA's own efficiency anyways ( if it can sort out command training failure rates ).

So an endgame would be a continuous expansion of KA which will eventually drive itself to more levels of training efficiency by necessity. If there was a more sensible attitude and less legacy swagger toward integration years ago this wouldn't matter two hoots to CX pilots now. So it would be a nice surprise if the two pilot groups driven together instead of being wedged apart and stealing a bitter defeat.