PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet brexit
Thread: Easyjet brexit
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2016, 22:01
LlamaFarmer

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
What would it mean for RYR crew based in the UK also? They're non-UK in licensing and (self-)employment aren't they?

Not that I am one, but as a matter of interest/concern. I can only see things getting worse, not better, if there are changes for them.

Unfortunately I believe we're caught between a rock and a hard place.
Britain in the EU is beyond the point of no return, we let it go on for too long and now we're hamstrung into a European Union that has too much power in the hands of non-elected people, making too many rules whilst seemingly having nobody to answer to.

Rules that only serve to shift the power from the individual members to the union.

I am still not clear on the facts of staying or leaving, the real benefits and disadvantages. All I have seen and read and heard have been scare stories about how there'll be "Paris-style terror attacks" and a "Jungle 2.0 at Dover" and things like that.

I don't believe David Cameron has achieved anything in his talks, and I think that view is shared by a number of his mates (i.e. the cabinet) as there are a significant number of them vocally for a Brexit.

I think it would be useful if my company, and BALPA (in the Log), both impartially summarised what it would mean to aviation and to UK pilots (in the UK and in other EU countries) if we leave, or if we remain. Unfortunately I cannot see impartiality, as they both have an agenda.

I want so badly Britain to get itself out of the mess of the EU. But I just fear it is far too late and will us over if we do. Should have done this 20 years ago.