PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 21st Feb 2016, 18:59
Spitfire LF Mk.lX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jedw0015
Hello all, i`m approaching the end of secondary school meaning I am currently choosing my A level choices. To what degree do these choices effect my chances of being a pilot. I have been told that choosing maths/science based subjects can be favorable, i`m not particularly gifted in these subjects so I think I would not do very well at A level at them. Does this matter or should I choose a different career path. Thanks
I am a year ahead of you and while I cannot give you a huge amount of information on what airlines are looking for, I will say there is plenty of information about it on here. When you move onto A level it is a major step up from GCSE, especially in maths which you mentioned. Physics would be the favorable science however usually colleges like this to be linked with a maths A level.
Make sure you get good grades in subjects that are less related than fail subjects like maths and physics. If you look on BA cadet schemes etc, they do specify minimum grades however there is no required subject.
F.Y.I
I am doing Maths, Physics, Economics and Electronics
I imagine I will be dropping Maths after my AS is complete.