PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ROUTE SPECULATION
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2016, 09:53
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wallp
The issue with Milan is that the main airport there these days is MXP. LIN which I used last year is much smaller so fewer if any connection opportunities.

I agree about routes like Berlin which could do well for BA from LGW and even Paris which was once dead in the water after Eurostar arrived, now seems to be recovering with new routes from LGW & LTN recently. Maybe BA could make it work again? The question is, so they want to step on the toes of Vueling who are doing the CDG route?

Miami is an interesting choice. It's a route that surely has leisure potential for any long hail operator and thus could work from LGW.

With the decline in the Egypt and probably Turkish tourist routes this year, the likes of Spain and Portugal could benefit so routes like PMI may well see an upturn which BA could take advantage of.

If BA plan carefully, they in conjunction with Vueling could begin to develop an operation at LGW which starts to seriously rival EZY
I think that BA need to start concentrating more on their Gatwick base since Heathrow cannot possibly sustain any more flights.

About the Milan answer, I feel that people would only connect at LHR to Milan and would not connect in Milan for onward travel. There are plenty of routes to other Italian cities, so I don't see it being a problem.

We'll have to see what they have planned for W16 and S17!