PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetRanger crash Honolulu HI
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2016, 09:29
BOBAKAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ FH1100 pilot

Sorry, i say again, we are helicopter pilot both, but not from the same "school". And i don't say you are wrong....i just explain some fact :

In europe (my school) :

Normal approach in Europe mean a slope between 3 and 5 °

For the FAA it's a "shallow approach".

For the FAA , the normal approach is under 13° .

"European Steep approach" begin above 5°
But is named "normal approach" By the FAA.

For the FAA, only above 13° slope it is a "Steep Approach.....

For me, to perform a steep approach and to maintain an acceptable rate of descent around 150 ft/mn, we reduce the speed at 2/3 of the normal speed approach.

For the FAA pilot, in "steep approach" they accept to have the rate of descent exceeding most of the time 300ft/mn.

I try the 2 method and i feel safer with "european Approach". Again, i don't say "you are wrong", i say, we are different...

Many post about "Settling with power" are posted by FAA pilot..... Why ? Easy, It is written in the FAA manual :

Steep Approach
A steep approach is used primarily when there are obstacles
in the approach path that are too high to allow a normal
approach. A steep approach permits entry into most confined
areas and is sometimes used to avoid areas of turbulence
around a pinnacle. An approach angle of approximately 13°
to 15° is considered a steep approach. [Figure 10-4] Caution
must be exercised to avoid the parameters for settling with
power

I drove for years on the right side of the road. Now for 10 years, i drive left side .... Nothing is wrong, just i moved from europe to Asia.

About the 206 crash, i explain just my opinion, but i say again : "i was not on board when the crash happened".
And maybe the T/R noise overspeed you are listen is the overspeed of the turbine runing free of charge ?
And sure, without free wheel, no more trust on the main and T/R. The blade of the T/R are destroyed ? As we see : no ...as the main rotor, for me they runing with a low speed at the impact..

And i am very surprised by the last audio posted there : the accident happen very quick on the vidéo and the pilot got the time to call the control and say : "i fall down" ?