PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 21st Feb 2016, 07:51
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lolo as you know slots from SAW and planned closure times are causing major headaches on the SH fleets, more flights will be done internally by Anadolu jet to give more time for transit PAX. No real issues for 777 fleet but now they will send 25 plus FOs to SXS for the summer from 1st March to support the Anadolu Jet operation..from what we hear, "close to upgrade" is about as far as some are getting! When " SAW Base" is complete things will change for guys living on the Anatolian side, i.e easier, but only SH ops planned now. 7 or 8 years ago living on the Anatolian side was great, not so good now with all the new construction and traffic jams. Just 1 week left for me, then I take my 7 years social payments, car deposit and savings and go! but for the purists: over 7 years my average rent has been 1200 Euros a month ( allowing for exchange rates) the average apartment bills 410 Euros a month inc Gas, water, Electric TV and Internet. Average net salary allowing for conversion from .81 to .77 £ 8105. No of staff tickets bought 620, average ticket cost 337 TL. Been 1st class on LH holidays 16 times so saved £44000 in fares.. on the other hand looking fwd to cutting my own grass.