PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2016, 03:19
Flying Bear

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts
As glenb has stated above...

There are many reasons why going through the PPL flight test step is beneficial and for mine, the cost is very minor and well worth it. The more exposure to an assessment regime the better, when you're starting out.

Further, I would offer that if at all possible, avoid VET Fee help. My observation is that, despite the platitudes offered by the large colleges offering this, you simply become a source of approx $100K to them - they will want to grab that money as quickly as possible and shovel you out the door. Granted, most likely with a CPL, but with bare minimum training / effort on their part and for this you will suffer when looking for a first job. Better you find a school that you feel comfortable with that does not purport to be an "airline training academy". It will be a relaxed, low key company with instructors that focus on the delivery of quality training (not mass management of large course groups) and should allow you to take the journey through training as quickly (or slowly) as you like and can afford.