PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Captain Accomodation
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2016, 18:14
Slash787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jose, from what I heard and Read over here, well EK is not what it used to be before.

People who joined many years ago got the luxuries but as the years passed, it basically went from good to bad.

Pilots from other countries like you and me, we don't get accommodations or even housing allowance, we have to go to the airport on our own, but in EK they you are chauffeured to the airport.

I do agree that there are negative sides also, but I guess people get home sick after a while?

For First Officers they provide House Accommodation at Meydan Heights, but people have said its too cramped and very small compared to their previous accommodations. You can opt out of it and the company will pay you a specific amount per year. But once you opt you cannot go back to their accommodation.

IF I join, I will be in a new country, even though I have been to Dubai many times before, but still I would want to stay at their accommodation for at least 1 year or so, thats why I wanted to know the exact location, but well no one seems to help out here.