PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Legacy Age 65 Retirements
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2016, 10:58
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
boofhead,

"So far of the dozens I have received this year I cannot accept any of them because they simply don't have the experience I need..."

When you say "experience", do you mean total time, time in type or in a specific category of flying ?

IIRC, you're in Alaska ? If so, do you require/accept only Alaska experience ? No one applied you could hire and bring along to be what you need/require.

In terms of total flight time, it's gained one hour at a time and can't be rushed all that much. And, there's only one way to get Alaska experience. :-)

I certainly believe it when you say there's a supply pressure at the moment as people are undoubtedly moving from one job to another they like better or one that'll contribute to getting them two jumps up the ladder longer term.

While it's little consolation at the moment, the available data shows the vacancy vacuum at the legacy level peaking circa 2028.

I don't know anything at all about Part 135 ops. I've only known people who did it before or after a Part 121 career...and very few of those.