PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB Lithium Batteries as Cargo on Aircraft Feb 9, 2016
Old 20th Feb 2016, 00:27
Carbon Bootprint

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This probably won't come as a huge surprise to anyone here, but the US Product Safety Commission has issued a report that basically says "no hoverboard currently on the market can be considered safe."

News report here

I know hoverboards are already banned as either carry-on or checked baggage on a number of airlines. Hopefully this will swing airlines who haven't taken such a move, and in a bigger picture, trigger some industry groups to develop robust standards on product quality and safety, not just for these things (which may just be a "fad"), but for others as well. We can hope, anyway...
I can remember when flying was a joyous experience and looked forward to every flight. Now it is just a drudge, arriving two hours early, queuing for security checks, climbing aboard a plastic plane and eating and drinking from plastic containers with plastic cutlery, if you pay the extra food and drink surcharge. A very sad state of affairs.
I agree completely, what a change in just the last 10 years, never mind the last 20 or 30...