PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Pilot Union has an open ear
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2016, 18:47
golfyankeesierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, I have no connection whatsoever to VC or German aviation and am only watching them, and you, from a distance.
A few years ago my circumstances were getting so dire that I started to roam the ME forums to get a feel for opportunities around. Fortunately my situation has become more comfortable again but am still following these forums with interest (and sympathy).
Obviously foreign unions shouldn't (and couldn't) have anything to do with whatever labouragreements or contracts you have but when there is any unfair advantage because of (GCAA's interpretation of) FTL's nobody can blame them to get involved.
The european unions have their connections and lobbyists in legislation and while they are usually opposed by the airlines, now they all have a common goal to level the playing field.
Just like the Irish and Dutch ALPA are more or less involved in the Ryanair Pilot Group, so can the German ALPA certainly be of assistance to you.

But as I said, am absolutely not involved here, just my opinion and don't want to speak on anybody's behalf..