PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Component Time Spreadsheet
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2016, 17:06
Thracian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I don't know anything about component times (as I'm just a dumb pilot), but I do know a little bit on Excel.

So, at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4sooxglwy...9XFjLbnTa?dl=0

you'll find a little starter spreadsheet (developed in Excel 2016, but it should also work in Excel 2013, maybe even Excel 2010) I quickly developed with the basic functionality:
- A flightlog (add columns and calculations as you wish)
- A component's log incorporating the flown hours from the flightlog and issuing yellow or red warnings if the specified limits are reached (with the help of conditional formatting)
- A limit's page where you can set the limits for yellow and red warnings
- You can definitely not enter hour values greater than 9999:59, but you can calculate with bigger values and they will show up correctly. I demonstrated it here with the limiting hours of the components. So, a workaround to handle bigger hour values should be available

It's without programming (ie. no macros) and only with simple formula and formatting.

Feel free to download this sheet and extend it to your needs.

BUT: I take no risk and no warranty on anything. If you use it, you use it on your own risk!
Neither will I support it!

Possible additional columns in the flightlog sheet would be PICs and COs names, comments, purposes, applicable flight rules, ...
Possible additional columns in the component's sheet would be serial numbers, comments, other technical details, ...

Have fun

Thracian