PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida Flyers - First week of March
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2016, 13:49
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see so many positive comments about Florida Flyers. I am really looking forward to it..

Well I sort of got it wrong.. I am staying in St Augustine (not Jax) in a private home and it is roughly 25 mins away from the school. For car rental I am hitting around $402 - $608 for a car at the moment for 21 days so going to shop around a bit more!

Have my 61.75 license sorted so will just need to have my BFR and 1 hour ground school to activate when am there. Will read through the FAR AIM before hand to make it as easy as possible and if there are any websites for weather or flight planning stuff like what the 2000ft, 5000ft, 10000ft wind is - Would appreciate a heads up?

I will buy sectional charts when am and plan the first week around airfields in FL - like Cedar Key, New Symra Beach etc and then maybe some further afield trips like Bimini and if I can manage it Peurto Rico - although in a SEP - not sure thats wise as it looks all like the Gulf of Mexico and flying over Water - so not sure what the FAA mandate is at the moment!

Any ideas of places to visit and good quality flights to do or even other tips would be appreciated?!

Flying buddies more than welcome!

Ta!

Scoobster