PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2016, 08:02
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MEN is breathless this morning. ...

Is the Powerhouse heading in the right direction? - Manchester Evening News

Within the article it takes a while for MAN to rise to the top but we are at last getting more airplay. There is little doubt that Heathrow and indeed BA have been fundamental to the the growth of London.

If the North is to become a powerblock Manchester Airport has to be central to the growth of NP albeit on a modest scale.

If GDP in the North gets to a tenth of London in size it will be a success.

One small criticism. @IFB2016 takes place in Liverpool later this year, scholars of prune will note it is a major gathering of 30,000 delegate's involved in increasing business in this part of the world and ties in with the ethos of the #northernpowerhouse, suprisingly "in my view" there is no evidence that MAG will be represented.

At least they have not been quoted as being there nor have been vocal as yet......Heathrow however will be, and will no doubt be peddling their usual propaganda regarding the benefits of expansion across the UK.

It seems odd that if Manchester Airport is a vital in being front and centre of the "NP", it should also be leading the charge at this event as well.

Given location I'm sure Heathrow will be championing the need for direct flights to Liverpool despite the fact most if not all its populous are I'm sure voting with their feet and using Manchester. ....lest we forget, just 40 mins away for most of Merseyside !

Should MAN do more to be more inclusive and win over hearts and minds by shouting it's corner at events such as this ?

Last edited by Bagso; 19th Feb 2016 at 12:18.