PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2016, 07:37
spannersatcx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I too sometimes wonder what the &%$£^ is going on, why start LGW when you already have 5 a day to LHR and places like MAN are screaming for an increase! My understanding is CX were offered another slot at LHR but because the time varied everyday they didn't want it so chose a fixed slot at LGW instead
For years we were told the MAN service was looked at and that until the 350 came along there was insufficient airframes and crews to operate to MAN Then for whatever reason it started in Dec 14, with the proposed change over to the 350 in Oct this year, however at the same frequency. Now the delays to the 350 delivery are well documented and the first LH routes to launch are DUS/LGW/AKL (subject to change) although the first arrives in Apr it will fly around Asia, MNL, BKK, SGN etc for at least 3 or 4 months.
The belief is that by the end of the year, although the initial deliveries are late, the planned 11 deliveries will be made, where these will be deployed, who knows the plan changes every day, I don't expect a 350 or increase in frequency at MAN this year, but........