PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huge Willy Airspace
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2016, 23:32
iPahlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reckon we could have another MDX type accident as aircraft are still diverting around Williamtown. Even at LAX they are encouraged go over the top where the risk is lowest.

The RAAF can't seem to move out of the 1950s. I bet morale must be low as it should be with no proper leadership.
I guess you're about 30 years ahead of the RAAF, but still living 35 years in the past...

The MDX incident had absolutely nothing to do with RAAF airspace.

Flight Service and Sydney Air Traffic Control then began to co-ordinate a clearance to allow the aircraft to continue to track, more directly, via the coast and transit the Williamtown military areas, however this clearance was delayed because of uncertainty regarding the amount of cloud and general weather conditions to the south of Williamtown
Could you imagine the media beat up if a heli or fast jet was flying around tactically in areas where Joe general public was beating around in his light aircraft?

I think all the comments here already prove that air traffic was not diverted around it. If a pilot is unable to read and interpret a NOTAM and simply looks at an electronic device and sees red and says "Computer says no! Red, danger Will Robinson" then I for one am glad they're on the ground because I'd prefer not to be flying around while someone with that level of knowledge and training is airborne...