PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell AH-Z for Australia
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2016, 13:12
Doors Off

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Pakistan signed for 12-15 I think. With the history of failed "sales" in the region I am a little apprehensive about that "sale" being delivered.

Tiger has deployed off of ships (Libya and West Africa) with the French. It is a composite airframe and is just as "marinised" as a Z. Ask any Navy maintainer about "Marinised" aircraft and the scale of what that can mean. The chinook is not "Marinised" but it will sail a lot on the Canberra Class Nu Ships. Oh, and the Tiger is certified for flight in visible moisture unlike the Z. Minor issues I guess.

On an important front as a tax payer, to throw away a highly capable asset for an alternative and less capable asset (plus the additional and huge training and facilities cost (Comms/Log/Mission planning/Munitions etc etc) stinks of excuse making and smoke screens that would be a waste of money and time. The Soldiers who walk the ground need the skill set of the operators and the capability of Tiger, another type would rob them of that for even longer and that would be a tragedy of Shakespeare proportions.