PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perfect Vision for Aircrew Applicants
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2016, 08:45
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Max
I never really saw the attraction but that said, I went to develop an unending quest for female PBX operators
Which reminds me....

I'm sure I've told this story before on here, but it always warms my heart (and other organs ) to retell it.

Many years ago - even before the BoB film - young APO Teeters was Orderly Officer at an FTS somewhere on the A46 ......

As ever, I was well looked after by the Orderly Sgt. One item on the Duties list was something like: 2200 - Call Commcen/PBX in advance of inspecting [certain documents].

Come 10 o'clock, we aproach Commcen .....

APO Teeters: Aren't we supposed to have 'phoned first?

On entering the Commcen/PBX, there were 5 or 6 young WRAFs having a brew (Duty WRAF, Commcen and PBX overnight shifts were all bunked in the Commcen), and frying bacon (hmmmmmmm ) on a little electric ring.

In those days, WRAF No 2 skirts were of the same "hairy mary" (no pun intended!) material as the then battledress, so skirts had all been removed for comfort ... ..... and of course this was before tights were common ....

Nice little PBX WRAF: Hello Sir, want a brew? Or a bacon butty?

If you can imagine Section Officer Harvey being improved upon, just think of her, with 4 or 5 similarly attired chums, making you a bacon butty ......