PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forsyth Review - Dead In The Water.
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2016, 08:04
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Forsyth review was initiated by Parliament, not CASA. So, unless CASA decides or is told to take its findings on board, they can ignore it if they wish.

Its terms of reference were to look at the relationship between the industry and CASA (and no-one else).

While it could make recommendations they were certainly not binding on CASA or the Government and nor was that its principle task.

There are changes afoot within CASA, just ask the 22 out of 70 managers who are about to loose their jobs. Are those job losses at the right level? I don't know but think probably not. They need to be a level higher to be truely effective.

There is a new mission statement (for want of a better description) within CASA as to how they are to manage the industry. Having read it, it is a statement with high intentions for a better future. Will it succeed? Lord only knows but on past performance one will not be holding one's breath.

I am no supporter of CASA unless there is clear evidence that the leopard has changed its spots. They have done a lot of damage through ignorance in the past. There is some evidence that some within the organisation are doing things differently. I will be very interested to see the result of the 3 workshops I attended on Part 135, paid for (airfares & accommodation) I might add, by CASA. It will certainly show whether there is a new broom.