PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP Command Type Rated First Officer logging PIC Time. Yes or No?
Old 18th Feb 2016, 06:08
hikoushi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B2N2
As far as the highlighted bit, no you can't.
A lot of Regional "Airlines" (121) do not provide a 'full' PIC type rating to their SIC/FO's so they can not legally log PIC as PF.
As a holder of a PIC Type rating I am already PIC qualified just not acting PIC.
When I am performing the duties of SIC I log SIC time and when I am the pilot flying I log they PIC time. This is also how the company logs my time.

Try interpreting the rules instead of going by "tribal Law".
Fact that nobody in your company does this doesn't make it correct.

So for future reference....my total PIC time includes PF time.
If they specify 'signed for the airplane time' then I deduct whatever PIC time I had before a line check for upgrade.
It's all legal..I used to teach this sh!t you know.
Are you currently (as in, post-Part 117) working in the USA at a Part 121 carrier? What does your POI say about logging PIC while PF as FO on live flights, even with a full type rating? I assume you are logging BOTH SIC AND PIC in this scenario? If you are both JUST logging PIC then you are technically not operating the aircraft in accordance with its type certificate or the regulations under which said LIVE part 121 flight is flown. Both require an SIC. Have you asked any major airline interviewers in the USA for their opinion? "PIC plus SIC plus a hundred or so hours for initial dual instruction received" is a "logbook reality check" many interviewers use, along with making sure that your single-engine plus multi-engine time equals your airplane total time.

I used to teach this stuff too, as a check airman at a 121 carrier. I HIGHLY recommend that you do NOT log PIC while you are concurrently logging SIC at a part 121 carrier, and will reiterate that I know NO ONE who does so. Not as PF with a command type rating, not as IRO in the left seat while the PIC is asleep, no one.