PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2016, 20:14
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see that being the case. If anything the Airport will want to protect Vueling. The time and money that has been invested in Vueling since they started has paid off. They have gradually expanded at a sufficient rate. Loads are good and prices are usually comparable to EZY and FR. VY want to expand in the UK, it's a foot in the door to Wales and Southwest.
I can't imagine FR are banging down the door at CWL to start routes, but I'm pretty sure the management are being very clever in their approach to keep all Airlines happy. They need to provide competition to BRS without creating competition on their own routes
As for ADP:
- BRS has no direct long haul routes like NCL and Scotland
- BRS has a much better catchment area which is already putting it at a great advantage
- How much more can BRS grow before it goes pop? It's pretty full already from what I hear.
- There's a large amount of Welsh passengers from flying from BRS that actually want to fly from their own Airport. They can't because there's either not enough routes or prices are higher, because the competition at BRS drives prices down.
- The expansion of CWL will create jobs, improve Tourism, help the Welsh economy. The Southwest has excellent employment and a wealthy catchment area. No jobs will be lost at BRS, but expansion and job creation will be slower, which isn't needed as much as in South Wales. It would be an investment in Wales for the Welsh Government rather than giving CWL an unfair boost.