PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 17th Feb 2016, 17:26
Martin_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t's something I am definitely perusing
this reminds me of a conversation I heard at the shop the other day. A little girl was crying to get a certain box of cookies. The conversation with her mother went on something like this:

-Why do you want these cookies? They don't look very healthy
-Because they're tasty
-How do you know they're tasty? You've never had them
-Because they have Elisa from Frozen on it..

sigh...

determination is a good thing obviously but I can't help to wonder where's this confidence coming from? Looking at your post history, you've been in this place before, years go by and you haven't even started your ppl. I know I'm being rough on you now, but trust me, I'm hear to help you to sort yourself out - are you passionate about flying as a process or just the label that comes with a pilot uniform?

Don't put yourself in a foolish position, take one step at the time. Don't worry about what will happen/when it will happen, just get on with it and the answers will come to you themselves. In my fairly short experience I've seen guys coming up with fingers in the air announcing how they're going to be next Aer Lingus captains only to drop off somewhere just after 5th lesson, between the PPL theory exams or when the NAV section begins.. happens all the time. Sort out your medical and go flying. That's all you need to think about.