PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2016, 16:24
eastern wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pan.

A fundamental misunderstanding of how ATC works (although I have long suspected you know more than you let on.Particularly with regard to City)

NATS ALREADY has a monopoly of Airspace management over NI. NERL manages it(within the Belfast TMA) by delegating the approach function to Aldergrove which then delegates that portion to City during their opening hours.

ANY Air Traffic Controller will handle traffic in a method which gets it OFF his/her frequency as quickly as possible. In this case I am referring to IFR traffic. Your beef with being separated as a VFR aircraft is quite separate(and I actually agree with you...that shouldn't happen)

The fantasy that ATC spends its time delaying other traffic for reasons other than expedition is just wrong.

So far as "not helping" .

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public...Itemid=74.html

If procedures exist for non radar/procedural arrivals into City and they lose equipment (for WHATEVER reason) what would you as a business man(yeah right) CHARGE for the use of equipment and manpower which had not been contracted for in the first instance? Would you set a precedent and do it for days on end without an invoice at the end of it?

Would you be happy for another agency to operate on your behalf by using a procedure which was NOT authorized nor passed through a Safety Analysis? Who carries the insurance liability for that? City?or Belfast International? or NATS? the Airlines?

Last edited by eastern wiseguy; 17th Feb 2016 at 22:55.