PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laser threat defence
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2016, 11:48
lederhosen

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
In the spirit of hopefully good humoured and constructive exchange of views, I think PDR1 you are guilty yourself of not thinking things through regarding pointing at stars....or was your comment about 9.4 years an attempt at humour? Laser pointers are advertised for this purpose, what they reflect on (presumably something in the atmosphere) someone more knowledgable can no doubt tell us.

Your maths and experience give the debate more substance, but some of your assumptions regarding waggling do not fit with my perception. I may be incredibly unlucky, but I have been targeted many times and it certainly seemed for longer periods than you are suggesting is possible. Just humour me....if these idiots can target the beam reliably (I know you think this unlikely) at what range does your maths suggest it becomes dangerous with the 90mW green laser we discussed earlier?

Your last post went some way to convincing me on the 8000 foot case, but I missed a step explaining why the 300 foot case needed to be divided by eight, probably me, but I missed your logic.