PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic flight from London to NY returns after pilot hurt in laser incident
Old 17th Feb 2016, 09:56
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm also very glad to read that there's no permanent injury - and well handled Scroggs and your team, slightly dodgy but perfectly clear Pan call notwithstanding.

An article that appeared last night on The Conversation is somewhat relevant, but offers no particular hope of any quick fixes.

https://theconversation.com/thousand...ssengers-54863

One question from me, that I hope somebody might be able to answer. What's the investigative mechanism for an incident like this?. It clearly wasn't an accident, so presumably it's not AAIB's job. I know that CAA take a deep interest and publish statistics, and I'm sure the police are interested when there's anything for them to usefully go on. Doubtless Virgin and BALPA are also quite interested.

But what's the exact mechanism for investigating, then reporting, attacks on safety like this - if only so that I can bookmark the likely location of any future reports to read when they come out.

G