PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 17th Feb 2016, 09:12
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@cpt. No argument there. But having seen every AFCS malfunction many times over in a C/C+/C++ I've never felt the need to do anything other than what's printed in the ECL.

@DOUBLE BOGEY. Yes, for sure, one dimensional comfort of my armchair no doubt, and a liberal dose of crystal ball gazing as well. But if I was in the cockpit at the time then obviously I'd be in the less comfortable 3 dimensional space, and I'd have a more informed opinion.

But I'm not paid the big bucks of an offshore PIC. I just live off a few meagre crumbs that might happen to fall off the feasting table. But it is my job to make sure those offshore PIC are competent to do what they do for the next 12 months of their career. Granted, some of the possible malfunctions are not in the ECL. That's where systems knowledge and experience and problem solving skills comes into the equation for those on the big bucks charged with the responsibility of PIC.

http://www.punchng.com/aib-to-send-b...k-boxes-to-uk/

Last edited by gulliBell; 17th Feb 2016 at 10:13.