PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator quality
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2016, 01:34
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't do what No Fly Zone suggests, I would raise the issue with the sim centre next time you're there. There may be a glitch that they're not aware of. Even with the in-depth checks that AirRabbit refers, simulators are computers and sometimes a certain set of instructions sends the thing haywire.

For example, I teach in a simulator that when it is programmed for one specific airport it will not allow the right autopilot to capture the glideslope when the altimeter is set to anything above 29.92". It took me quite a number of sim sessions to identify it was the simulator and not the student(s). Because we are the only operator trying to run from this airport and in this configuration, and it was not an airport used during the regulatory reviews, it was not caught by the FAA or Transport Canada. The sim centre identified the issue as interference between the analogue simulator and the digital computer ...but it took them almost a month to find that out.

But, it's just like an airplane - if you don't tell the sim techs exactly what you're seeing wrong, they can't fix it...and a simulator is far more complex than the actual airplane!