PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forsyth Review - Dead In The Water.
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2016, 00:01
actus reus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forsyth

Those are interesting questions Dick.

The TOR for the review stated:
Main focus of the review is on safety-in particular, 'The structures, effectiveness and processes of ALL (my bold)agencies involved in aviation safety'.
What about AsA? The ridiculous use of temporary inflight broadcast areas (a third world option; staffing issues?. I think Montevideo was the only other place in the world using this procedure at the time) that resulted in an unknown Indonesian aircraft 'appearing' in OZ airspace opposite direction, same level as an OZ airliner; breakdown of separation and loss of separation assurance events, runway issues in Darwin and other places, a controller (allegedly) drunk at the console in the Brisbane centre; refusal to agree to permit exemptions to be issued against ADSB having originally agreed to treat non compliant aircraft in the same manner as when RVSM was introduced (That is a cost as we well know); the debacle with Avalon airspace (Tiger Airways etc) and the list goes on.

So what did the Forsyth review say about all this? NOTHING! nada, fullstop.

I firmly believe that eventhough Mr Forsyth was the previous Chair of the AsA Board, he would have looked into AsA had he had additional time or some such.

Yeah?