PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 16th Feb 2016, 15:02
J_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assesment 11thFEB

Hey guys, I was attending an assesment in DUB hangar2 last week, here is my experience:

First, you get temporary ID, go through security to hangar and wait for one of the assesors in some kind of briefing room. Since he came, he perfectly set up calm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. He took us through whole briefing package, explained everything and told us almost exactly what are we going to need to do, divided us to 2member crews (each crew contains one guy with MCC on 737 and second on another - if this is possible). There were 2 assesors, one took me and my mate to sim, second one took another crew to interview.

SIM is fixed FTD but perfectly realistic, almost brand new, great feedback from column and trim. I was PM, PF got just departure along SID, but almost immediatelly got vectors, then freeze and "point on chart where are you" - first PF, PM had to confirm. After this just vectors to ILS and landing. My PF stuff was pretty same, departure (WAL2N in EMA btw), vectors, then direct to NDB EME, freezed, "point where you are", then emergency (passenger chest pain) - show the best possible CRM, consider options with PM, decide, brief cabin crew and advise ATC - as I was right above RWY27, heading 094 and vectors were U/S, I made an alternative procedure stated on chart and which took me back to ILS and landing.

HR interview - tell us about yourself, why to hire you, why you want RYR, what do you know about us, your strengths/weaknesses, why not TVS airline in PRG, why is RYR priority?

Tech interview - how did you like your FTO, what is V2, how calculated, which speeds are also calculated from stall speed, your ME aircraft, its deice system, deice on 737, cons of swept wings, how is it compensated?

Just bring your best attitude, be talkative to them, show your enthusiasm to RYR and aviation generally, be well prepared for sim flight and dont forget to take some food&drink, almost no possibility to get anything there, some of guys stayed there from 9AM to 7PM.

In case of any questions, feel free to PM me.
Yesterday I've been accepted