PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scholarship for Women...
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2016, 13:56
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can remember when female applicants for F/O positions in one UK airline were asked at interview when they intended to leave and have a family in the event they were successful? I applaud Littlest Hobo for her honest observations with respect to the appeal of family life. Her comments about education are much the same as those recommended by a recent study in the EU conducted to determine how to attract more women to professional aviation, where it was suggested that flying is just not seen as attractive to most women and that early education is key.

Littlest Hobo makes a very good point where she states that in her case, university trumped flying school. In my experience, there are in fact a fair few females undertaking flying training at ATO's today and over the past several years, yet many lack aptitude and interest by comparison to their male colleagues. The majority I have encountered have not been to university whereas a higher proportion of the men have and I have often got the impression that the girls are not really sure what they are trying to achieve, which is a real pity for those very keen and capable individuals who lack equivalent funding opportunities.

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 16th Feb 2016 at 14:12.