PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2016, 08:37
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If wizz is really this horrible place go somewhere where your skills, experience, expertise and professionalism is rewarded to your satisfaction.

If you have none of the above because you are a cadet with nothing to offer yet, maybe it's a good idea to join. Personally I've never felt intimidated by anyone, no one ever got involved in any kind of fuel or de-icing decisions (actually very very much the contrary) or forced you to work off days. What happened to telling people to piss off if they call you in your free time anyway? Wizz is a place where you need to have a pair on you, because you are the only one representing your own interest. Do what is required of you in your contract and nothing more (unless charging 15 extra sectors or something, then you might want to reconsider), and you will see how easy life can be.

All I can say is; I had a great time flying there and I do miss the giggles that we all shared as a crew on a daily basis. I also miss the pristine aircraft we were operating and the superb maintenance. What I don't miss is the low pay, crap holidays and four sector extension/discretion days in winter. Flying 600 hours in a 6 month period during the season didn't go unnoticed either.

However, look at your own situation. Do some basic arithmetic and decide for yourself whether it is worth it for you to suffer all these indignities. If it is, go for it. If it is not, I'm sure you'll let us know where you went. The fact I went there eventually landed me an infinitely better position, and that's something you might want to think about before discarding it. If you do decide to go there, avoid the numpties in BUD (exempting one or two) and make your own plan. Know your rights and obligations and execute. Easy as pie. Good luck, the market is looking pretty good for pilots right now. I hope it starts reflecting in Europe as it is in other places.