PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forsyth Review - Dead In The Water.
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2016, 08:07
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish, while there was a time I would have agreed with you about the Forsyth review having spent a few days inside the beast otherwise known as CASA and met some very earnest people there, I am now not so sure.

The impression I got was that they realise that the regulatory reform has gone off the rail and further, that their relationship with the industry is toxic. How to fix the situation is the rub.

I was there, along with several others, to discuss the risk matrix for Part 135 which is in gestation. In fact, long gestation which causes its own problems. Part 135 is essentially commercial light aircraft operations and will replace such things as "low capacity RPT" and "Charter".

I think it was Chou En Lai who was once asked what he thought about the outcome of the French Revolution of 1789. He replied that it was far too early to tell and that may well be the answer to whether CASA is going to change. There are certainly people within the organisation that want to change but whether they will prevail over the old guard, well its too early to tell.