PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 THR LVR FAULT
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2016, 06:41
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dream747 That's good thinking! No, we did not do it, closer inspection of my memory reveals, that the setup was probably different.

I do remember discussing F3 single (and idle) engine option but that never happened actually.

The OEI was only introduced on final approach. Then the pull into the red barber pole for A.floor. I have no idea why did we not capsize due Vmca, maybe we were still F1 and Vaprot > Vmca?. The TRE had the plan, I did not.
The G/A was pretty normal, but afterwards running engine stuck at TOGA, due to no TL resolver. We managed to stabilize about -400 fpm descent with full flaps out and come around for a shallow approach. Kill the thrust with Master SW (which was plan B, we mismanaged something) after touchdown.

Toys for boys, but after year and a half that's the only thing I remember from the session AND ENJOYED IT.

mcdhu I'd have to look into that, but in general my understanding is that A.floor works irrespective of A/THR (e.g. disengaged); yes there's the 40 sec disconnect proc ...
Interested in your SIM observations too!