PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scholarship for Women...
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2016, 10:26
FLYINGPERCY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No we don't choose, but we should challenge if we disagree. We won't challenge things if we don't have a different viewpoint. How do we formulate different views - by talking to people with different viewpoints to ours and ways of approaching things. That's what diversity brings -- a different way of approaching things, it's a known fact. That's called progression and development. How many times have you got a notac and interpreted it a different way to someone else?
Also senior management needs to be diverse, to ensure that our SOP's adapt and are challenged too. It's a company wide

By having females on the FD, enhances the above. It's not a solution on its own. You surely can't be arguing against diversity on the FD? Diversity includes everyone, it's just that this thread is looking at women in the FD, hence my specific comments regard the benefit of women in the FD. I'd make the same comments if it was titled: 'the benefit of 40+year old 'male' cadets in the FD'

Lastly - on the oneupmanship we will have to disagree. Btw I work for a company with very strict SOP's.

Now contrary to the above, I rarely post on here. I enjoy reading comments, but thought I'd write my opinion on this topic. This forum has a habit of people going round in circles, arguing their point. So I'm going to call it a day and let others have their say. I think you can see my view.

I look forward to reading other people's views/thoughts which may completely disagree with mine, and will read them with interest.