PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2016, 21:57
D SQDRN 97th IOTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AK

You may well be proved right in time.
I am opened minded and wait for the conclusions of the AAIB. My personal hope is that there will be a finding which shows the accident was not in any way down to AH.
However, I recognise that the majority of accidents are caused by pilot error and this may join the list of statistics. Indeed from what the AAIB have so far published there was no obvious fault with the plane that caused the crash.
You can give vent to your opinion if you wish, it's a free democracy in the UK and no proceedings are active. I doubt however that the AAIB will be coming to you for expert opinion even with your number of hours. If it transpires that AH did drop a bollock, many people will be interested from a flight safety perspective to know why if there was any reason why, and how other pilots can learn from AH's error.
As for it being the elephant in the room. I would suggest that the great proportion of pilots on this forum would not be surprised by an AAIB finding of pilot error. Doesn't make anyone who says the finding will be one of pilot error in advance of the report's publication particularly intelligent or uniquely insightful into the world of single turbine aerobatics. In fact, probably the opposite.