PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C150 vs PA28 First flight lesson
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2016, 21:12
737er

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After teaching for years in both I'm going to go against the main sentiment here and highly recommend the PA28. It handlles better, less mushy and more like other more advanced aircraft. It's more comfortable, it's a better instrument platform, it's more responsive, climbs better, and later on after you have a license you will have experience in a plane much more suited for taking passengers.

The pro high wing vision argument is bunk. You can't really look straight down that great in either airplane and in a Cherokee you can see better where it counts....where you are turning. For a few bucks an hour more I think you will have a more satisfying experience in a PA28.

Fly them both for a couple of hours each. The Piper is just way more civilized. It's a wonderful trainer. There is a reason most civil aircraft designs are low wing. It's just a better experience.

You can dance down the runway one wheel to the other in crosswind landing in a Cessna, Cherokee or any Piper except an Aerostar so I'm not sure where that's coming from. Piece of cake in either.

If your budget to complete your training precludes the PA28 well that takes care of that anyway.

Last edited by 737er; 15th Feb 2016 at 00:44.