PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2016, 20:17
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
AtomKraft,

Originally Posted by AtomKraft
The Elephant in the room is being ignored as usual.

I'm a pilot. Every so often, I drop a bollock..

What I don't like, is folk who try to call a spade a shovel.

And just for those who are interested, this is all about a pilot who ran out of sky. Can we not as a community of pilots recognise that thing that is clear for even a simpleton to see?

He cocked it up!

So? Who hasn't?

I'm fed up of this PC, 'Skirting-around -the-edges' bollocks'.

He banjoed WV392, and thank God- he's still alive.

For pities sake, call it for what it is.
I admire your persistence in this matter and your passion and certainty where you opinion is concerned. Your conclusion may be right. But none of us would be terribly good pilots if we jumped to conclusions about the condition of our aircraft in an emergency until we had analysed the situation carefully and gathered all the information we could before making a diagnosis.

If you fly a very simple aircraft, you may not have much information gathering to do. More complex aircraft and more complex situations require more care and patience in analysis. You think you have all the facts you need to analyse this situation? Let me offer a purely hypothetical situation.

A hunter is at the top of a low lever manoeuvre, one that has a vertical element. Soon after the pilot has started to pull the nose below the horizon, he feels a control restriction and sees a caution light. In the time it takes him to read the caption and look at the hydraulic gauges, he realises that the aircraft is now in a very nose low attitude so his attention is focussed on the ground, his altitude, his control restriction and the arcraft's attitude. He rolls the aircraft to the nearest horizon, closes the throttle and pulls. The next thing he sees is the ground rush and then.....

Now you tell me how you know that,mor something similar didn't happen last year. Then tell us all why you feel you can be so sure of what you just posted that you can claim to belong to a "community of pilots" and serve such a verdict on a member of the community you would clearly love to belong to without knowing all the facts.

You should be ashamed of what you just posted. I for one, as a very long term member of that community, turn my back on you. I hope for your sake that if you ever find yourself in a similar situation your community of pilots don't publicly denounce you before all the facts are known.

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 14th Feb 2016 at 20:35.