PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 14th Feb 2016, 19:52
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahh, Gopher and AARON.

Courses, aircraft, for the education of ? I managed 2.5 years at Colerne, involved in Base3 servicing on Albert, with no course. I was sent to Waddington and completed the Vulcan course, on posting from Colerne to Akronelli. Arriving with my newly awarded Q-AVUL-A I was employed initially in the Hydraulic bay, with Kilwhang, and ended up working on 56 Squadrons Lightnings. The next aircraft course I was "awarded" was the Q-ANEW-A course (AEW3 Nimrod). I'm sure both the Kinloss and Warton elements added to my understanding of the aircraft, though the aircraft singularly failed to add to my further employment. And so, I end up back on Albert, accepted for the Q-AHER-GE course, how did I get through that ? I reckon the HDU course also added to my vast knowledge. I did do a couple of tanker rotations to MPA in my time. I do know I learned a great deal about Albert from "proper" GE's and certainly some bloody good Pilots and Engineers.

Smudge