PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2016, 15:21
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
NO disrespect to Real Clowns

Quite right ACW and i usually put in such a disclaimer,but i was lulled into being kind at the thought of seeing the F....W... driving around the circus ring in cars that fall to pieces and thinking;the poor souls think that is normal.
On a more positive note; on a recent trip to the Bristol area i happened across the old RAF Locking camp to find it completely obliterated (although the Spitfire plinth remained) (no doubt kept for a Viking).I had several visits there way back as a Cadet on an advanced course and then to help.It amused me to see the electrical trainees parading in the mornings with nice little tool kits as opposed to rifles.
Weston Airport has also finally succummed to the developers with the runway now ripped up (we used it when the cloud was on the hills around Cheddar).
BUT the dear old Halesland site lives on and is still a little gem of a location with the original hut and hangar still ok plus a new installation and trailer park down near the 'ROCKS'.
In my day there were some 'markings' 400ft and Robbies head at that end but there is a 621 number still visable.
So at least the ATC left its mark on that piece of the Mendips.