PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two simple ATC questions!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2003, 08:18
Andrew M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the ATC Handbook like most other listeners

It also gives an explaination to Director, Radar, approach frequencies and so on too.

Isn't director the first approach frequency you would contact after leaving centre, who then puts you in order for landing EG: you are number # for landing.

Then you contact approach which is the final frequency until when you are established and you contact tower. Isn't that more correct ?

- Really what mainecoon said.

Don't know about radar - isn't that for aircraft flying within the airspace, but not actually inbound for the airport ?

1) What's the difference between "Aircraft-callsign, turn left radar heading 090" and "Aircraft-callsign, turn left heading 090"?
Not in a position to make a 100% confident answer here, but here goes: Radar heading is terminology to disguinish between magnetic heading - as they vary. However, as magnetic compasses are hardly used now, then the word heading without the term radar is often used.

EGCC Rwy 24 - Well, I live near EGPF, I see aircraft on final for rwy 23 and I get great reception. In actual fact, in my room I have one of those Velux windows that opens right out to be parallel with the horizon and the view is great. The reception is great too - except when 05 is in use. And that is hardly ever.

Just depends on your luck.